The Kurgo Impact Dog HarnessTM
is the next generation in Kurgo crash-tested car harnesses. Based on 8 years of engineering dog car harnesses, the Impact Harness is a totally new harness design using a single piece of high tensile tubular webbing with reinforced bar tacking. It is purpose built for car safety as well as your dog’s comfort which reflects all of the knowledge we have developed over the last 12 years developing pet travel products.
This harness has been tested at an established University testing facility using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard for child restraint systems. It has been tested with simulated crash test dogs.
- Crash tested with simulated dogs for sizes small, medium, and large.
- Lightweight and integrates directly with your car seat belt system. No additional seat belts, straps or attachments necessary
- Constructed of a single piece of 4,000 pound tubular webbing with an all-steel Nesting Buckles System
- Design reduces excursion (pitching forward) in case of impact
- 4 adjustment points for a perfect fit on all shapes and sizes
- Broad, padded chest plate for extra protection and comfort
- Machine washable. Line dry.
Instructions for Use
Fit harness to your dog
- Release the nesting buckles and loosen the straps to easily fit your dog
- Pull the harness over your dog, passing his head through the neck straps. The back pad should be on his back and the chest pad (with the Kurgo logo) should be on the front.
- One at a time, pull your dog's legs through the loops formed by the restraint and chest straps.
- Refasten the Nesting Buckles
- Adjust all straps to fit dog
Attach in car
- Load your pup into the backseat and have them sit
- Pull the seat belt down and pass it through both of the restraint straps on the back
- Connect seat belt to female slot as normal
The webbing on the harness is one single piece so the harness is very adjustable to different proportions. We recommend selecting a size based on the weight of your dog. Please size up if your dog is on the edge of the weight range.
Small: 10-25 pounds or 5-11 kilograms
Medium: 25-50 pounds or 11-23 kilograms
Large: 50-80 pounds or 23-36 kilograms
XL: 80-110 pounds or 36-50 kilograms